Share with others
Final Year PROJECT SYNOPSIS
“COVERT COMMUNICATION BETWEEN USING DIGITAL IMAGES”
INTEC Pvt. Ltd
We have implemented the hiding of data in digital images in spatial domain ( Least Significant Bit (LSB)) and in transform domain (Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT)). We have used Visual C++ to implement the LSB part and for the DCT we have used MATLAB.
In the past decade, steganography was present in various forms e.g. shaving of the head, using invisible ink etc… Steganography as we all know is hiding the very existence of data which separates from the encryption of data in which the data which is transferred is always visible in some unreadable form.
In today’s world or the digital era we are giving steganography new bounds. By this line we mean that we are hiding the important message of the user in the digital image, then transferring the stego-image ( image + data ) to the other end where the original message can be extracted using the user authentication.
The intruder is thus unaware of the communication taking place between the intended users. Hence we enhance the security of the message against any tampering, leakage, modification etc… Thus we are providing a very efficient software in today’s world which preserves the original message at any cost which can be used for many purposes such as :
- Between two branch officers of the same company you can easily transfer the tender information
- Across the boundaries of two nations, violation of the human rights can be made aware of.
- Digital watermarking or copyright protection can be provided.
- Some anti-social elements can also take advantage of this software to create disasters.
- Microsoft Windows
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS
This project has the following software requirements:-
- MS Visual Studio Package
- MATLAB 6.0
This project has the following hardware requirements:-
- Multimedia PC configuration
- Other conventional resources
Share with others