Web Service for Multiple clients Project
Web Service for Multiple clients Definition
To create a web service that can be consumed by multiple clients. The clients will be such that they will be able to adapt themselves if there is any incremental change in the server database or the data format resulting in change in WSDL. The web service generator may provide a special service that provides the delta corresponding to incremental change
- J2EE application server.
A minimum configuration PC supporting Windows platform and supports web service. It should support J2EE application server.
Technology Used: Web services
To create a Web Service for Multiple clients. The clients will be such that they will be able to adapt themselves if there is any incremental change in the web server database or the data format. The data exchange process between client and server will have the following features –
- Client and the server will connect to each through WSDL which will act as an end point to both client and the server.
- Data transaction will be in XML.
- Generally HTTP is used as an underlying protocol to exchange data.
- In case there is some change in the database format or the any other change in the data, as soon as the client comes to know about the change it tries to adapt itself according to the changes done.
- Client sends a query to the server according to the pre-defined contract (WSDL).
- The server sends the output. If the output is in accordance with the previous contract the client consumes the data sent by the server.
- If the data sent is not in the format specified by the contract, the client is not able to consume the data in its original form.
- The client then checks for the changes in the previous contract.
- If there are some changes it upgrades itself according to the new changes.
For e.g. If according to the previous contract the output is O. According to the new contract if the output is O+DELTA O, then the corresponding change in the output is DELTA O.
Now the new contract will exist between the client and the server where the output will be O+DELTA O. This will be the new contract between the two and this output will be the new O for the system.
This procedure will continue for all subsequent changes in the contract.