How to Install Visual Studio 6 on Windows 7
Visual Studio 6 .0 is the IDE for windows programming visual basic from Microsoft. You can simply install the Visual Studio 6 on windows xp ,But on windows 7 it through multiple error during installation due to which installation fails.
How to Install Visual Studio 6 on Windows 7 Video
So in this “How to Install Visual Studio 6 on Windows 7” tutorial, I will tell you how to install Visual Studio 6 on Windows 7 without any error. You need to follow the given steps carefully or you can watch the video given in the post.
Here are the steps that you need to follow
- Initially you’ll have to create a zero byte file which is a DLL file named MSJAVA. For those who are wondering on how to create it, just make a text file and change its extention to .DLL.
- Open my computer, then windows and copy and replace the DLL file you had initially created.
- Now you are set for the installation.
- Insert your visual basic 6.0 CD into your computer.
- Go to the root folder of the CD.
- Right click on the SETUP.EXE file, select “run as administrator” .
- Now open SETUP.EXE file, a prompt will ask for confirmation. Click on yes and also select run program.
- Click next, then click on “I accept agreement”, then next enter name and company information, enter your product key and click on next.
- Now select ‘custom setup’, otherwise your computer will not be compatible.
- Now click on continue and then OK.
- Setup may take some time to run, you’ll have to be patient.
- Now finally, it will ask you to select installation location; from the menu, you only have to check visual basic data access and tools. Then further click on continue.
- Now after a while a successful completion dialog box will appear, click OK, your VB 6 is finally installed in your computer.
- You can run it from start menu.